Here we publish this first set of free road textures, mainly for use in 3d CGI work. They are all seamless, come with a handy little catalogue for browsing and have some supplementary bump-maps along. A second set is in preparation and should come up soon.
What more’s to be said?
This set happened while trying to get nice high-res textures that have little distortion for our architectural 3d-visuals. To get the right distance for ground textures, we built this beautiful fishing rod – a real high-tech piece of equipment. In the end we found out, we could have done it way more simple and could have skipped most pieces … but it still was worth the fun.
Find some WIP pictures below. To be honest, they are fake – as you can see, the camera is missing. But we needed the camera to take the pictures, so … you get the idea! And it’s all proper Berlin Kreuzberg quality tarmac in the vicinity of our studio.
Supplementary maps were done in a little programm called Shader Map. It does an alright job with a one-click solution; check it out. It is a reasonably priced piece of software worth every cent. These guys certainly deserve some solid credits, so buy it if you like it. Here’s the link : Shader Map Home Page. I honestly don’t know what the Specular-Map-Output is supposed to do, but maybe you find some use for it.
- PingbackBodenständig – XOIO stellt Textursammlung zum freien Download zur Verfügung | 3D Architektur Visualisierung
- Pingbackroad surfaces | Blog Royal-graphic
- PingbackFree hi-res bark, leaf and road textures, w/ normal maps « Digital Pictures, Inc.
- Pingbackroad surfaces – texture pack volume 2 | xoio-air
- PingbackRoad Surfaces - Texture Pack Volume 2 by Xoio